GUIDELINE ON COOKIES AND PERSONALIZED ADVERTISING
Cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as beacons, scripts, and tags, are small pieces of code that are typically stored on a user’s hard drive or device, and that allow a website to be personalized to the user by providing information it remembers about the user’s visit to the website. We also use these technologies in e-mails or other communications to you. If required by law, we will seek your consent before collecting or using such information from your device.
BFC-Cookies (First-Party-Cookies). At BFC, we use our cookies to improve your web-browsing experience. For example, we use such cookies to remember your language preferences, or to keep you logged in, and the sites do not keep prompting you to log in to access different pages. The BFC cookies are linked to other data that we collect from you. However, the information we collect through our BFC cookies is not used by third parties for their own purposes. Deleting BFC cookies results in limited functionality of our websites and services.
Third party cookies (Cookies from third parties)
We partner with third parties who place cookies on our websites to provide their services, including:
- Targeted advertising. We partner with third-party advertisers to help you see ads while visiting our sites, and we allow them to place their own cookies on your computer for the period they advertise on those sites. These companies may use information provided through their cookies (this does not include your name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number) relating to your visit to our and other websites in connection with information that you can not personally identify with and that affect your purchases and interests with respect to other online websites so that you receive advertisements about goods and services that interest you. The use of other companies’ cookies is subject to their own privacy and not our privacy policies. Data Providers: We also allow data providers to collect weblog data (including, if applicable, IP address, as appropriate, and information about your browser and operating system) when you visit our web sites, or to provide a specific cookie on your browser,or place or access a cookie to show you personalized ads or content. These cookies contain no personal information. The cookies may contain anonymized demographic or other data associated with information that you have voluntarily provided to us, such as: For example, share your e-mail address we have hashed with data providers in a form that people cannot read.
- Analysis / measurement. We also use third-party analytics cookies to understand how our visitors use the sites, to determine what works and what does not, to optimize and improve our sites, and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant offer content. Among other things, we collect information about which web pages you accessed, which reference/exit pages you accessed or left the site, what type of platform you used, date and time, and details such as number the clicks you make on a page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search terms you entered, and the text you used during the use of our website. We also use analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to understand how users interact with our websites after they have seen an online ad. This may include advertising on third party websites.
- Google Analytics 360 Suite and Google Analytics Advertising. Our websites use Google Analytics 360 Suite including Google Analytics Advertising. These are web analytics and analytics-based advertising services provided by Google Inc that use third-party cookies. If necessary, the function of IP address anonymization is activated on our websites, so that the IP address of the users is shortened by Google. Our website may also use the following Google Analytics Advertising features: Google Remarketing with Analytics, Google Segments, Double Click by Google, Adwords, and BigQuery. These features use third-party cookies to collect traffic information about our site by tracking users for a period of time and across websites, and to report to us so that we understand and understand the users of our site better to create target audiences for our advertising.
- Remarketing-Pixel-Tags. In addition, we may provide information to third parties about the use of the Site by visitors to our Web sites for the management and direction of advertising, and for market research analysis on our and other sites. For these purposes, we and our third party advertisers may place pixel tags (also called clear gifs) on some pages that you visit on our websites. These pixel tags will help us collect information that cannot personally identify you and use it to show you relevant advertising when you visit other websites on the Internet. These ads may refer to specific searches you made on previous sessions on BFC.
- Other Cookies: Our partners, who provide certain features on our websites or advertisements based on their browsing behavior, also use local storage, such as HTML5, to collect and store content information and preferences. Some browsers offer features that can be used to delete local HTML5 memory.
Mobile devices, anonymous device IDs, and hash IDs. We and / or our designated data providers may collect and store specific identifiers pertaining to your mobile device to provide you with customized advertisements or content while you use apps or browse the web, or through other devices or to identify browsers. To match these ads and content to you, we or any external affiliate may collect anonymized demographic or other information about you that you have voluntarily submitted to us, such as: For example, your e-mail address, or passively collected through you, such as your device ID or IP address, as permitted. However, we will only pass on your e-mail address in “hashed”, in a form that people cannot read.
DEACTIVATION OF COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES.
BFC-Cookies (First-Party-Cookies). If you prefer us not to use BFC cookies when you visit us, click hereto learn how to set up your browser settings to prevent cookies. Please note that disabling these types of cookies results in limited functionality of our websites and services.
Third party cookies (cookies from third parties). Here are some options in case you want to disable third-party cookies:
- Here are some options in case you want to disable third-party cookies: If, in general (ie not just for this website), you do not wish to receive personally matched ads from any third-party advertising and advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or the Self-Regulatory Self-Regulatory Advertising Principles Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising) of the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA), visit the deactivation pages on the NAI or DAA website or click here. f you are in the European Union, please click here.to deactivate.
- To control the data collection for analysis purposes by Google Analytics, you can download and install the Google Analytics disabling browser extension download and install the Google Analytics disabling browser extension here. To control the collection of data for analysis-based advertising purposes through Google Analytics Advertising, you can also here visit the Google Ad Settings page, Please note that changing your privacy settings in a particular Internet browser or specific advertising network will not apply to other Internet browsers and other advertising networks.
Mobile devices. f you no longer want to receive personalized ads in your mobile apps, please refer to your device’s operating system settings and follow the instructions below.
iOS users: To use the “Limit Ad Tracking” option, follow the instructions provided by Apple here: Apple Support Center
Android users: o use the Disable Personalized Advertising option, follow the instructions provided by Google here:Google Play Help :
Consider downloading the DAA AppChoices Mobile App to manage the online behavioral advertising technology.
If you no longer wish to receive personalized advertising on the browser of your mobile device, then follow the steps above for BFC cookies (first-party cookies) and third-party cookies (third-party cookies).
Do-Not-Track-Signals.. We do not currently use any technology that detects “Do-Not-Track” signals from your browser.
the services, ollect, use, and share information
Last updated: 26 October, 2018